Database Application Developer
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work for a growing, ambitious, innovative, expanding company? My client are a leading, family-owned merchant.
The overall purpose of the role is to be responsible for the design and delivery of data-driven business solutions and providing 3rd line support for internally developed solutions. This will involve working closely with their SQL Server databases and producing reports in SSRS, as well as developing EDI (electronic data interchange) systems to enable system integration and data transfer, and developing internal web applications.
Its a varied role that is project focused - there is a big data migration as well as loads of other projects on the horizon as they look to integrate with more modern web systems. The diversity of work on offer is the most exciting thing about this role as they look to really modernise their tech set-up.
This role is varied with a wide range of responsibilities, the main responsibilities this role will entail:
* Gather business requirements.
* Produce BI Dashboards and Analytical Reporting across multiple data sources.
* Develop efficient EDI systems and data manipulation services to enable system integration and data transfer.
* Develop internal Web Applications and data collection Web Forms.
We are looking for a good mix of the below skills, (not necessarily all of the below):
* SQL & T-SQL - development skills, programming / application development skills
* SSIS - Data migration or integration
* SSRS - reporting
To be successful, it is essential you have the following:
* 3+ years' experience working with SQL.
* Excellent communication: clear, concise & articulate.
* Passion for technology and self-learning to advance your own career.
You will be awarded the following benefits package:
* Base Salary - From £47,000 to £55,000 per annum
(this is a wide range, what you are offered is completely dependent on your skill level which is assessed on your CV and through your Interview process)
* 30 days annual leave a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) with that rising to 33 days a year once you have completed a years' service
* Discretionary Bonus Scheme
* Pension scheme
* Life cover
* Online discounts
* Plus so much more… (please enquire for more details)
* Working Location - Fully office based until probation ends. Then Hybrid working.
* Office Location - Yeovil
* Contract Type - Permanent, Full Time
* Working Hours - 08:30-17:00
* Interview Process - 2 stages
* Salary Reviews
* Progression Options
* Training & Development Options
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
Name: Anna-Louise Reynard
Telephone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This is a Permanent role. This role is for UK Residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the legal right to work in the UK, with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Checks.