SQL Server Database Developer
Are you a talented Database developer looking for a new opportunity, my client are a Microsoft Gold Certified managed service provider who specialise in DBA and development work. It is a very varied environment and will work on multiple different projects.
Every individual is treated equally and if you have ideas to bring to the table they will be listened to and be given the opportunity to run with this.
They are also big on training and certifications. If someone wants to do a certain certification this will be paid for by my client with time given to complete the certification. There is also scope to move into different directions in the teams.
This role is varied with a wide range of responsibilities, the main responsibilities this role will entail:
* Tuning T-SQL queries
* Index tuning
* Archiving data
* Moving data from one database to another
* Reviewing and writing query plans
* Client Management - comfortable and confident speaking with stakeholders and gathering requirements from them.
We are looking for a good mix of the below skills, (not necessarily all of the below):
* T-SQL - A good understanding of queries with the able to performance tune. Strong ability to write queries, to be able to look at pre-written queries and understand it and see how this can be changed to improve performance. Understand database structures.
* PowerShell - Moving data from one place to another.
* Python - Moving data from one place to another.
* SSIS - Moving data from one place to another.
* Database Structures
To be successful, it is essential you have the following:
* 3+ years' experience in a similar role.
* Excellent communication: clear, concise & articulate.
* Passion for technology and self-learning to advance your own career.
You will be awarded the following benefits package:
* Base Salary - From £35,000 to £45,000 per annum
(this is a wide range, what you are offered is completely dependent on your skill level which is assessed on your CV and through your Interview process)
* 10% matched pension
* 25 days holiday
* Additional day off for Birthday
* Paid certs/training
* 2 volunteering days per year
* Plus so much more… (please enquire for more details)
* Working Location - Fully Remote (Quarterly meetings)
* Office Location - Kingston Upon Thames, Greater London
* Contract Type - Permanent, Full Time
* Interview Process - 3 Stages
* Progression Options
* Training & Development Options
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (DBAs, Analysts, Developers, Engineers, Architects, Consultants, Team Leads, Project Managers, Managers etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Name: Anna-Louise Reynard
Telephone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This is a Permanent role. This role is for UK Residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the legal right to work in the UK, with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Checks.