Senior BI Developer
Are you a talented BI Developer looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work for a growing, ambitious company? My client are looking to build out an internal Business Intelligence and Data function in their UK offices, so we are looking for someone senior to come in and set this up. This role is stand alone, therefore looking for someone who can work autonomously, but at the same time my client encourage an open, collaborative, team work environment and look for those to contribute ideas.
My client sit within the Financial Services industry, but unlike most companies, do not have the red tape or restrictions to implement ideas. We are looking for someone who is energetic, a self starter, who doesn't mind rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck in. There is so much variety in this role as well as room for progression.
You will be responsible for the BI development within the business.
This role is varied with a wide range of responsibilities, the main responsibilities this role will entail:
* Data Warehousing - Migrate the DWH from the parent company abroad, to the UK office. Design, maintain and oversee the DWH. Architect if there is any new systems regarding the DWH
* Reporting - Power BI - Full end to end - Report and Dashboard design and maintenance. Gathering Requirements, building a Scope, Design the solutions, Update meetings with clients, Testing, UAT Testing, Sign Off, Go Live, Delivery & Implementation, Documentation, Workshops & Training.
* Management of the SQL Server environment.
* Stakeholder Management - Managing Director, Project Manager, Sales Team, Finance Team, 3rd Party Vendors.
We are looking for a good mix of the below skills, (not necessarily all of the below):
* Data Warehousing
* ETL Development
* T-SQL - Stored Procedures, Views, Queries
* SQL Server - SSIS, SSAS, SSMS
* Power BI - Report creation and maintenance. Dashboard creation and maintenance.
These are skills that would be an added bonus if you had them, (it is not compulsory for the role, if you have them - great, but if not you will be given the chance to develop these skills over time):
* Hardware Support
* Software Support
These are a few examples of projects this team are working on, to give you an example of what you could be getting involved in:
* Data Warehousing Migration
* MI Software and Hardware Deployments
* Setting up a SQL Environment from scratch
To be successful, it is essential you have the following:
* 5+ years' experience working in BI Development
* Excellent communication: clear, concise & articulate.
* Passion for technology and self-learning to advance your own career.
You will be awarded the following benefits package:
* Base Salary - From £48,000 to £60,000 per annum
(this is a wide range, what you are offered is completely dependent on your skill level which is assessed on your CV and through your Interview process)
* 28 days annual leave
* Life Assurance
* Social events
* Plus so much more… (please enquire for more details)
* Working Location - Hybrid - 1 or 2 days a week in the office (more if you wish)
* Office Locations - Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, London, Edinburgh
* Contract Type - Permanent, Full Time
* Working Hours - 9am - 5pm (Flexibility offered)
* Interview Process - 3 Stages
* Salary Reviews - Annually, every February
* Progression Options
* Training & Development Options
* Dress Code - Business Casual
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (DBAs, Analysts, Developers, Engineers, Architects, Consultants, Team Leads, Project Managers, Managers etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Name: Anna-Louise Reynard
Telephone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This is a Permanent role. This role is for UK Residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the legal right to work in the UK, with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Checks.