BI Analyst - London
Are you a talented BI/Data Analyst with excellent Power BI skills, looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work for a growing, ambitious, innovative, expanding company? My client are putting a huge focus on their Reporting, and looking to grow out the team over the year.
My client are a global organisation within the Education sector. You will be working as part of an innovative, fast paced technology driven culture who are always looking at ways to enhance how technology is used within their organisation.
This role will be focusing on the reporting needs across multiple departments as well as very senior stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who enjoys problem solving, who has an inquisitive nature, a team player and can work in a collaborative environment.
This role is varied, please find below some of the main responsibilities this role will entail:
* Reporting & Visualisations
* Designing Dashboards
* Presenting Reports to and Dashboards to the board
* Responding to emails-tickets from all over the business, giving comfort, communicating next steps, responding is a quick effective manner.
* Full Reporting Project Lifecycle - Gathering requirements, working with SME's, design brief, testing, UAT, launch, comms plan, workshops for adoption, lessons learnt.
* Data Modelling and logic testing
* The potential to get involved in predictive analytics - projections.
* Stakeholder Management - Working with a wide range of stakeholders including some very Senior members. You could be gather requirements, asking questions, workshops, presenting to them, building relationships, consult them, help them understand what the data can do. Be part of the process of change.
We are looking for a good mix of the below skills, (not necessarily all of the below, but a good proportion):
* Power BI - designing dashboards, complex DAX calculations, create data models, not just structure data sets, understand relationships between different data sets, keep up to date with all the new releases, building foundations of data set. Understanding where data is stored.
* SQL Server - write SQL scripts to get data out, create joins, understand tables, where to get data from
* Power Query
To be successful, it is essential you have the following:
* 2+ years' experience with Power BI.
* Excellent communication; clear, concise, articulate.
* Stakeholder Management experience
Culture & Values
My client believe in building a culture supported by strong values. Within the team, they would describe themselves as being highly collaborative, they use TEAMS and SharePoint to share ideas. They are supportive, open and they have high standards in the work they produce. Its very non-hierarchical and are all trusted and given independence.
You will be awarded the following benefits package:
* Base Salary - From £36,000 to £46,000 per annum (this is a wide range, looking for junior and mid level and 3 hires, what you are offered is completely dependent on your skill level which is assessed on your CV and Interview)
* Interest-free season ticket loan
* 30 days + Organisation closure days + Bank Holidays
* Eye care vouchers
* Plus so much more… (please enquire for more details)
* Working Location - Hybrid, 2 days a week in the office.
* Office Location - Central London
* Contract Type - Permanent, Full Time
* Working Hours - 9am - 5pm (Flexible)
* Interview Process - 1 stage
* Salary Reviews - yearly
* Progression Options - Lots of options; Senior, Analytics, Data Science.
* Training & Development Options
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Name: Anna-Louise Reynard
Phone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK Residents only as you will be required to go into the offie. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the legal right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.