Power BI Developer - Midlands
Are you a talented Analyst or Reporting Developer looking for a new opportunity?
My client are a well known organisation within the Retail industry who place a huge focus on their BI and Data. This role is a mix of project work and adhoc tasks.
This role is varied with a wide range of responsibilities, the main responsibilities this role will entail:
* Building and fixing reports, dashboards, data visualisation, calculations, making sure data is properly formatted and business ready.
* Provide insight and intelligence along with the reports.
* Data Modelling
* Data Support
* Publish reports to service, testing, documenting, managing permissions and accesses.
* Sprint planning, prioritisations.
We are looking for a good mix of the below skills, (not necessarily all of the below):
* Power BI - Build and fix reports and dashboards. Data visualisation skills.
* Power BI Service - Share a report, give permissions.
* Power Query
* T-SQL - Get data out of a database, put into a report, query, build views, stored procedures.
* Data Modelling - Star schema modelling within Power BI. Bring into Power BI: Fact tables, dimension tables.
These are skills that would be an added bonus if you had them, (it is not compulsory for the role, if you have them - great, but if not you will be given the chance to develop these skills over time):
* Power platform- An interest in. If they have Power Automate that would be great.
To be successful, it is essential you have the following:
* 2+ years' experience working with Power BI in a commercial environment.
* Excellent communication: clear, concise & articulate.
* Passion for technology and self-learning to advance your own career.
You will be awarded the following benefits package:
* Base Salary - From £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
(this is a wide range, what you are offered is completely dependent on your skill level which is assessed on your CV and through your Interview process)
* 30 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays to take whenever you like)
* Life Assurance
* Social Events
* Plus so much more… (please enquire for more details)
* Working Location - Hybrid - once or twice a month in the office.
* Office Location - Lichfield, Staffordshire
* Contract Type - Permanent, Full Time
* Working Hours - 9am - 5pm (flexible)
* Interview Process - 3 Stages
* Reporting Into - BI Manager
* Salary Reviews - Annually
* Progression Options
* Training & Development Options
* Dress Code - Business Casual
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this opportunity is not exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway. From reviewing your CV I will call you to discuss what you are looking for, and match your expectations up to the other roles I am working on, that are more suitable.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (DBAs, Analysts, Developers, Engineers, Architects, Consultants, Team Leads, Project Managers, Managers etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Name: Anna-Louise Reynard
Telephone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This is a Permanent role. This role is for UK Residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the legal right to work in the UK, with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Checks.