Are you an experienced Software Architect looking to make a significant impact in the world of advanced simulation systems in the maritime sector? My client is offering a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team as they embark on a mission to promote safety, cost-efficiency, and sustainability in maritime operations.
Your role will transcend conventional software development. You'll be entrusted with the responsibility of making high-level design choices, ensuring seamless integration of new features with existing systems, and guiding development teams towards best practices. Your work will have a profound impact on the vital skills development necessary for a safer and more efficient maritime world.
As a Software Architect, your primary role will involve:
* Making high-level design choices and decisions for our advanced simulation systems.
* Understanding and managing the existing code base to determine the best technologies and frameworks for implementing new features.
* Ensuring that development teams follow best practices, coding standards, and technical requirements.
* Collaborating with multiple development teams in the design, development, testing, and maintenance of software systems.
* Translating business needs into technical requirements for software applications.
* Coaching and mentoring team members, including software engineers, programmers, and testers.
* Establishing and maintaining design and code standards.
To succeed in this role, you should have:
* A Master's degree in computer science, information technology, software architecture, or a related field.
* At least 5 years of experience working in a software development team.
* Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and software design patterns.
* Familiarity with software build tools, such as Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio.
* Experience with software version control systems, like Git.
* Familiarity with agile software development methodologies, such as Scrum.
* Proficiency in testing frameworks, including NUnit.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with fluent English proficiency.
* A genuine passion for software architecture.
* Expect to work in a science-focused environment with a strong emphasis on physics and engineering.
* You'll be leading the architecture for a team of 50-55 people, playing a managerial role within the company without personnel responsibility.
* Travel is limited, if required at all.
* Remote work is possible, but candidates will need some time to get up to speed if they choose to work from home.
If you're ready to take on this exciting role as an Experienced Software Architect, apply now. We're open to candidates on visas, but NATO clearance is mandatory.
If this sounds interesting to you, don't hesitate to reach out to Marley Taylor for more information on this rare opportunity.
T: +47 902 724