The Software Development Manager is responsible for analyzing and evaluating existing or proposed systems and devising computer programs. You will hire new development staff, oversee each aspect of the development process, and act as the liaison between your team and the IT Director. You should be skilled in the different programming languages of the Microsoft .NET stack and Dynamics X++. You should also be familiar with both database and application development, Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Oversees project requirement gathering, technical specs, and planning
* Increase visibility of system activities and improve monitoring capabilities
* Source and coordinate proper training and certifications needed for your team to complete their duties to the highest quality
* Supervise a staff of software developers
* Set both group and individual goals annually, and write and perform staff reviews yearly
* Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
* Engage the stakeholders to ensure team goals are met
* Collaborating with business, and other internal teams to define and own features
* Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
* Provide guidance and mentorship to developers on the software development life cycle
* Analyze project metrics and align initiatives with department direction
Reports To: IT Director
Supervises: Software Developers, Systems Analyst
Coordinates or works with:
- IT and other Departments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The mental and physical requirements for successful performance of this job are:
* Strong software development experience, ability to use development tools including Microsoft X++ and .NET to develop software on top of Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O
* Ability to understand others and clearly express thoughts
* Strong understanding of web development/performance issues
* Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, or activities
* Manage resources for the scope and size of the project
* Ongoing innovation of the product and technology
* Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive improvements
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellence in technical communication with peers and remote developers, both technical and non-technical
* Ability to apply tools, methodologies, and practices for the improvement of the software delivery process
Education and/or Experience
* Requires a bachelor's degree in information technology or equivalent professional certification and five plus years of related similar software development experience
* Requires development experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
* Experience with managing developers is a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All requirements are subject to change over time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Equipment and Tools
- Ability to proficiently operate office equipment, including computer, printer and copy machine
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, Power Point).
Standards of Performance
The standards required for successful performance of this job are:
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstration of an awareness of customer needs and the ability to perform job duties to effectively meet those needs.
- Demonstration of excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Completion of required projects and/or reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstration of initiative in problem resolution situations and in the performance of job duties.