Technology Data Integration Specialist
Full Time Permanent
Travel: 2 days a month
Who we are:
The client provides solutions that leverage sophisticated machine learning, artificial intelligence (ontologies, inference engines and rules) and natural language processing to provide highly actionable insights and recommendations to business users.
What you will do
* This is a client-facing role. The successful candidate will join a diverse, multi-faceted team to:
* Specifying the requirements to the client
* Understanding the data available/received from the client
* Specifying the interface (i.e., transformation) needed to integrate the client data into the solution data models
* Work closely with client's business and IT-data groups to achieve above.
* Provide data support and analyze/improve data architectures in support of business processes.
* Responsibilities also Include:
* Obtain data from the client - sample and full data sets.
* the data available from the client - including the formats and structures
* the mapping/transformations needed to ingest the client data into the data models.
* Perform data wrangling to derive and verify mapping to defined metadata and data requirements.
* Determine the impact of any data gaps and determine appropriate mechanisms to address the gaps.
* Identify any specific issues or nuances in client-specific data and determine (with the team) appropriate actions.
* Understand any planned changes that may impact the client data (e.g., creation of a new data lake or other data sources)
* Understand and specify the cadence of data refresh needed to support the client deliverables.
* Develop sustainable processes for cleaning, harmonization, and integration of client-specific data to produce analysis-ready datasets
* Maintain client-specific data scripts, pipelines, and documentation.
* Work with data engineers to ensure the correct implementation of the specifications.
* Test the integrated solution.
* Highlight and specify opportunities or gaps within the data models.
* Knowledge of data analytics and warehousing to extract, transform and load data
* Solid verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate complex data sets to both internal teams and client teams. This includes documentation, presentations, and individual analysis sessions.
* Strong documentation skills especially in specifying requirements using different approaches such as use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams.
* Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with strong business sense.
* Experience in a client-facing/consulting role
* Knowledge of data technologies such as Databricks, Snowflake or similar.
The following additional skills would be a plus:
* Experience in the Consumer Products & Goods (CPG) Industry.
* Experience with one of more of the following technologies: ERP, CRM, API, databases, cloud, data wrangling.
* Experience with one or more of the following advanced technologies: Data Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Ontologies, Business Rules, Business Intelligence, Data Visualization.
* Experience with statistical or BI packages for analyzing large datasets (Power BI, Tableau etc.).
* Exposure to Agile methods and tools, such as Jira.