Exciting opportunity to work with an Agile team in an ongoing programme to modernise and become a data driven organisation. You'll have the chance to work on projects such as building resident portals, working on a new data platform and developing capabilties for both internal and external end users.
* Work within an agile engineering squad to design, develop and maintain robust and reliable solutions, to defined IT requirements in line with departmental standards and procedures
* Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages primarily using C#
* Investigate and propose solutions to development and design problems.
* Conduct analysis to determine integration needs, and design and plan integrations.
* Participate in code reviews and use collaborative programming techniques to promote high quality business outcomes.
* Participate in common agile ceremonies (estimations, backlog prioritisation, show & tell, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, etc.)
* Improve performance of existing software by diagnosing and resolving critical issues.
* Keep up to date with and exploit opportunities to use the latest technologies
* Relational Databases (e,g MS SQL, MySQL, Azure SQL, TSQL, Stored Procedures, CTE), with query optimisation a bonus
* Understanding of SOLID principles
* Experience in using Object Orientated Programming
* Knowledge of TDD and BDD practices
* Working knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD principles and practices, ideally based on one or more of AzureDevOps pipelines, Git, TeamCity and Octopus
* Experience in Agile / Scrum principles and full lifecycle delivery with strong SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) practices and methodologies
* Problem solving, analytical and debugging skills
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing with strong documentation skills.
* Familiarity with cloud application architecture e.g. Azure Functions and Logic Apps
* Experienced in TDD using xUnit, NUnit or equivalent
* ORM technologies (e.g. EF, dapper, etc.)
* Node JS (NPM)
* Angular, React
* SharePoint 365 with low code solutions such as Power Platform
* Microsoft Dynamics 365