Job Description: The Systems Administrator oversees, maintains, and optimizes operating systems and software. They offer level 1 & 2 support to users, troubleshoot Microsoft Windows systems, and ensure network integrity. This role requires flexibility to support U.S., Canadian & international units, and remote users.
* Install, upgrade, and configure software and hardware.
* Provide technical support to users and troubleshoot issues.
* Plan and execute system upgrades, coordinating test-to-production transitions.
* Set and enforce computer operation standards for compatibility.
* Recommend hardware/software upgrades based on growth trends.
* Manage backups, perform data recoveries, and assist users with minor PC issues.
* Enhance network performance and troubleshoot network problems.
* Implement secure network access protocols and assess issues.
* Maintain documentation and deliver user training.
* Manage system permissions, conduct security tests, and monitor networks.
* Collaborate with IT Manager to support data and network systems.
* Provide level 1-2 support for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017.
* Support hardware/software, troubleshoot, and maintain LAN/WAN/VPN.
* Identify and address security concerns.
* Monitor and manage Backup, Disaster & Recovery systems.
* Maintain VOIP telephone systems and support Office 365.
* Stay current in the field through education and networking.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Enhance employee efficiency through technology.
* Foster a culture of excellence.
* Uphold health and safety initiatives.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Willingness to learn and adapt.
* Support experience, Microsoft Windows/network familiarity.
* Proficient in MS Windows (Workstations and Servers).
* Office 365 support, including SharePoint and Exchange.
* ERP system support, knowledge of MS Dynamics NAV a plus.
* SQL Database administration.
* BDR systems monitoring/administration.
* New user setup & removal.
* Microsoft Active Directory.
* Hardware/software diagnostics & troubleshooting.
* Networking (Switches, VLANs, LAGs, LAN, WLAN, WAN, DMZ).
* Hyper-V virtualization.
* Security Administration.
* PBX IP phone systems (Switchvox preferred).
* GFI Archiver.
* Solidworks support.
To discuss more in detail, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718-710-4904. Nigel Frank International is the global leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on Microsoft technologies. We deal with Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any candidates considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.