Job Title: D365 Business Central Engineer
The Software Engineer is responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of secure, scalable custom software applications that align with user needs. This role supports multiple customers, products, technologies and needs. The position requires knowledge and experience with key business processes as they relate to ERP D365 Business Central implementation, deployments, training, and ongoing break/fix support. Timely, accurate and quality documentation, communication and follow-up skills are needed to be successful in this position. Data extraction and analysis skills are expected and frequently part of the day-to-day requirements. Troubleshooting and exploratory / fast-learning capabilities are needed to overcome and develop successful solutions.
* Work on a team that designs, develops, tests, documents, implements, and maintains multiple applications.
* Incorporate comments in the coded instructions so others can easily understand the program logic.
* Execute all phases of software application projects, including database conversions, defect removal, issue resolution, or any technical task required to ensure successful deployment.
* Prepare documents describing installation and operating procedures for deliverables.
* Provide technical application support as needed to troubleshoot and resolve user issues
* Interpret functional requirements and generate technical specifications and time estimates in an applicable technology.
* Customize applications in order to support functional requirements, including Forms, Workflows, Reports, Data structures.
* Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can easily understand the program logic.
* Act as a responsive Project Team member Informing project managers of task completion and or issues; meeting assigned project deadlines; working with other team member to accomplish project objectives
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
* Proven experience with development in the Business Central application
* Proficient in ERP modules, Financial, Banking, Distribution, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory, Fixed Assets, Inter-company and Consolidation modules
* Good understanding of existing network and cloud-based applications and capabilities
* Ability to work with both technical and non-technical personnel to resolve problems
* Willingness to complete necessary training and certification exams
* Experience in Report Writing tools such as Management Reporter, Power BI, Jet Reporting, SSRS
* Experience and familiarity with the Microsoft Power Platform desirable.
* Development Skills required:
* C/AL Application Language
* SQL / TSQL
* Azure DevOps
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Self-starting personality. A person who begins work or undertakes a project on his or her own initiative.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Foundational Development Skills
* Relational Database experience
* Structured Query Language (SQL)
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Working knowledge of version control systems
To apply, please contact Caroline Cole at 718-710-4904
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Dynamics recruitment, advertising more Dynamics NAV jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Dynamics market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities and Dynamics NAV jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Microsoft Dynamics NAV candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the Microsoft Dynamics market and some of the opportunities and Dynamics NAV jobs that are available I can be contacted on 718-71-4904. Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Microsoft Dynamics opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.