Azure Data Engineer (Senior)
This Microsoft Partner and data specialist team provides customised, market leading insights and data analytics solutions to a range of clients across SA.
Their easy to use solutions help businesses reduce costs, analyze their data more efficiently and in turn allows businesses to make smarter and better decisions.
This would be the ideal opportunity for someone passionate about all things data, who is looking to (in future) grow into a leadership role, encourages continuous learning, and believes in the power of working in a team.
The right person would join an expanding business and see the rewards of a long-term career, more than a "short-term" engagement on a hybrid-remote basis with weekly face to face team engagement.
Role & Responsibilities
* Translate business needs to technical specifications.
* Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g., data warehousing models)
* Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
* Collaborate with teams to integrate systems.
* Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses.
* Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
* Develop and update technical documentation.
* Client Data Support
* Maintain and support data analytics platforms.
* Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting.
Skills & Experience:
* Background in data warehouse design (e.g., dimensional modelling) and data mining
* In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
* Familiarity with BI technologies
* Power BI
* Desktop &
* Microsoft SQL
* SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
* SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
* SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
* Microsoft BI Stack
* Storage Blob
* Azure Synapse
* Azure Analysis Service
* Azure SQL
* Azure Data Factory
* Integration Runtime
* Understanding of ERP, CRM and other business applications/business processes
* Able to gather own requirements from stakeholders, design, and implement solutions based on given requirements in an existing project.
* Bachelor's in computer science or informatics or similar - must have
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate in
* Business Intelligence Development
* Business Intelligence Reporting
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert in
* Data Management & Analytics
* Microsoft Certified Azure Data Engineer
To discuss this, or any other Data Engineer opportunities, get in touch on LinkedIn or send over your updated CV to Stacey Maritz on s.maritz @ nigelfrank.com
#azure #dataengineer #datajobs #johannesburg