Data Engineer Technical Lead (Azure)
This well established, expanding data team is looking to hire a technical lead data engineer (as well as 2 x senior data engineers) as they embark on a journey into AI.
Working with large scale data in a fast paced environment they have started migrating their infrastructure into Azure cloud and are aiming to gain more from their data to ensure the business is getting the most from this "gold mine".
This would be a hybrid remote role, with a few days of face time in the Centurion offices.
If you'd like to be considered, send your application over to Stacey Maritz (s.maritz @ nigelfrank.com) by 15th May 2023.
Minimum +4-years hands-on experience with:
* Data Engineering and related data processing and database product development in a large-scale data processing environment, with strong preference to exposure in an Engineering and/or Telemetry processing environment.
* Data product delivery from concept to production, maintenance, and optimisation.
* Working with large volumes of production data (Terra Bytes).
* Technical leadership roles.
Minimum recent 2 years hands-on working experience in ALL items below:
* Large scale Data Engineering projects - Big Data and/or complex data.
* Geo spatial and/or telemetry data concepts and analysis
* Production data base, warehouse and ETL optimisation and performance enhancement
* Large scale ETL and data product delivery pipelines
* Stored procedure development, deployment, maintenance, and production runs
* MS Database
* MSSQL, SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS design, development, deployment, and maintenance experience
* PowerBI design, development, deployment, and maintenance experience
* MS Azure
* Data Storage - Data Lake, Azure SQL, others.
* Data Processing - DataBricks, Synapse, others.
* Data Consumption - PowerBI, reporting, others.
* Data Engineering in support of/collaboration with Data Science, with:
* Exposure to feature engineering concepts
* Exposure to real-time data processing concepts
* Active development with
* SQL, Python, PySpark
Minimum recent 2 years hands-on working experience in ALL the technologies marked as required:
* SQL - MSSQL (required), Oracle (optional), MySQL (optional), others.
* Data Warehousing - SSAS (required), others.
* Data Engineering programming - Python (required), DAX (required), Java (optional), Scala (optional)
* Reporting - SSRS (required), PowerBI (required), others.
* Spark - PySpark (required), Synapse (optional), others.
* GIS - Any GIS processing environment (MSSQL, Esri, others) (negotiable)
* OS - Microsoft server OS (advanced user experience required), Linux (terminal user experience required)