Position Summary The Manager, Software Quality Assurance (SQA) will serve a key role in the evaluation and testing of various cloud-based applications. The successful Software QA Manager is an excellent leader and communicator who will hire and set the QA team up for success. Our ideal candidate has an extensive knowledge of Azure DevOps, experience in Agile scrum methodologies, and is able prioritize and communicate their expertise effectively to the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Quality Assurance Practice Oversight:
* Manage/hire a team of QA professionals in both local and remote locations. · Implement mature QA processes to increase predictability and efficiency of the QA function.
* Implement and lead automation testing practice
* Implement and lead performance testing practice
* Contribute to the implementation of Azure DevOps (ADO), configuring and utilizing it to best support our development functions
* Produce sprint quality reports that show the state of a particular feature/epic//sprint from a quality lens
* Collaborate with the development team leaders and business analysts in the design process to maximize testability of systems and applications
* Raise awareness of the importance of a proper QA process integral to efficient SDLC execution
* Review user stories and other work items to ensure that requirements are testable
* Identify, document, and troubleshoot for root cause and potential impact
* Track and report on bugs/defects from identification to resolution
* Test data management
* Provide Testing Strategies and Plan for the program phase
* Lead coordinate the testing scope with QA resources at offshore
* Be able to demo and present the functionality to any relevant stakeholder
* Participate in testing when necessary
* Participate in as well as lead defect triage meetings
* Prepares testing metrics utilizing ADO or any equivalent system
* Support client resources in their UAT efforts. Project Oversight:
* Improving existing programs by evaluating objectives and specifications, reviewing proposed changes and making recommendations
* As required, perform project and/or program management to drive technology initiatives to meet business objectives and timeframes.
* Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the position. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
* Graduate of a four-year college or university or appropriate combination of experience and education
* Seasoned testing skills developed from experience with multiple software companies.
* 8 or more years of software quality assurance testing experience
* 2 or more years of leadership experience over a Quality Assurance team
* Mastery in Agile scrum framework
* Strong ability to prioritize work for yourself and the team
* Experience as an active participant in scrum ceremonies (grooming, planning, stand-ups, retrospectives).
* An ability to mentor QA team members to develop comprehensive test cases based on loosely defined product requirements.
* Demonstrated knowledge in Section 508, usability, and application security testing.
* Experience with two or more test case management systems
* Must be able to work in the company's office in Charlotte, NC
* Knowledge of automated test frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver is a strong plus.
* Microsoft Dynamics 365 knowledge/testing is a major distinguisher