The Master Data Lead will be instrumental in defining, implementing, and maintaining the organization's data structure and processes. This role is pivotal in ensuring the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of the brand's master data migration to a new ERP. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data, experience with all data domains (material, customer, vendor/supplier) and a very good understanding of end-to-end supply chain.
This position will work closely with the executive leadership on making the transition of the brand in NA from the parent company to the newly formed company. As such, the incumbent of this position needs to have a clear understanding of the broader business objectives and understand the critical role that data plays in achieving them.
* Responsible for migration of data assets from existing systems to proprietary platforms.
* Ensure smooth integration of data from diverse sources and platforms.
* Develop and maintain detailed documentation of the conversion process, noting any challenges faced, solutions employed, and recommendations for future conversions.
* Create standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to data conversion and integration to serve as a reference for future migrations or integrations.
* Stakeholder Communication:
* Regularly update key stakeholders about the progress, challenges, and milestones achieved during the conversion process.
* Coordinate with various business functions to gather requirements and understand the nuances of their data needs and dependencies.
* Provide post-conversion support to users, addressing any issues or discrepancies that may arise.
* Organize training sessions for end-users to familiarize them with the data structure in the new ERP.
* Establish a data organization that will be responsible for all aspects of data management in the new Company.
* Design, develop and maintain data standards for Materials, Customers and Vendors
* Ensure data consistency, accuracy, and integrity across various platforms and departments.
* Resolve data-related issues, inconsistencies, and discrepancies.
* Implement good processes for data collection and data maintenance.
* Implement good data quality processes and tools.
* Review current data management practices and propose improvements.
* Collaborate with IT and other business units to design and implement data-related solutions and enhancements.
* Implement data governance procedures and guidelines.
Reporting & Analytics:
* Develop and maintain dashboards and reports to monitor data quality.
* Support the business with relevant insights derived from data analysis.
ERP System Transition:
* Collaborate closely with IT teams, project managers, and external consultants to ensure smooth transition and conversion of data from the legacy ERP system to the new ERP.
* Perform mapping exercises to ensure data fields from the legacy system align with the new ERP structure.
* Identify gaps in the existing data and work with respective teams to bridge or eliminate such gaps.
Training & Support:
* Educate teams about data standards and processes.
* Assist users in understanding and using data effectively.
* Lead or participate in data-centric projects (i.e. transition to new manufacturing plants, new DC's , etc )
* Coordinate with external vendors and consultants as needed.
* Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
* Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in data management or a related function, in a consumer products company.
* Familiarity with data migration processes, especially in the context of corporate divestitures.
* Strong technical proficiency in data management tools and software.
* Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
* Effective communication skills to interface with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects concurrently