A best-in-class software as a service (SaaS) company are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join their growing team in Central London - please note that this is a hybrid role, where you'd be required to come into the office 2 days per week.
This is a really unique opportunity to join a dynamic team with a start-up feel but with the benefit of being part of a global FTSE 250 company.
Currently, around 60% of their estate is on-premise, with the rest being on Azure, so this would be an ideal role for a seasoned Data Engineer or Business Intelligence Developer with a strong on-prem background to develop their skills with Azure. It's a varied role, where you'll work on a combination of back-end and front-end projects, across SQL database development and Power BI reporting amongst others.
Please note that you will be required to spend around 50% of your time in the London office, and can spend the remaining time working from home.
* Develop new (and maintain existing) solutions to maximise the utility of data within the business and provide a competitive advantage
* Deliver Power BI reports, dashboards and data feeds
* Understand new and existing data requirements, translate these into high-level database designs and implement these
* Work with the development team to contribute to project delivery, review T-SQL code and provide best practice guidance
Requirements - ideally you will have experience with most (but not necessarily all) of the below:
* Strong SQL and T-SQL development experience
* Strong SSIS and/or Azure Data Factory experience
* Strong SSAS experience - Tabular
* Power Platform experience - Power BI, PowerApps, Power Automate
* Azure experience - such as Azure DevOps CI/CD
* Experience or understanding of Data Warehousing modelling terminology & techniques
* Salary up to £65,000, depending upon experience
* Discretionary bonus of up to 10%
* Pension - employee contribution of 5%, employer contribution of 10%
Please Note: This is a permanent role for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
Nigel Frank are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK, offering more opportunities across the country than any other. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. To find out more and speak confidentially about your job search or hiring needs, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.