I am looking for an experienced QA Engineer to join one of our most prolific clients.
The client is one of the largest players in the European finance industry. They offer a vast range of products and services to businesses that offer/deal with pensions, insurance, wealth management, HR, and Payroll.
Role & Responsibilities
As Senior QA Engineer, you will be responsible for designing the quality strategy for the product, executing the defined tests and automating the most valuable ones.
If you read the following and think "pffft, light work", then you can definitely do this job.
* You know how to identify test scenarios from the business requirements, you improve those requirements by foreseen cases that were not covered, so you improve the definition of tasks.
* You are comfortable about executing both the defined Acceptance Criteria tests and exploratory testing, as you have an excellent capacity to find unwanted behaviours in the system, both for web front-end and API back-end.
* You define & tell the rest of the team about your bug findings with your great communication skills, so you advice about the potential problems your findings could cause, and you understand the importance of having a nice attitude to communicating in a constructive way.
* You have a superb understanding about the cost of automation and the value it gives, so you carefully select what tests to automate, in order to make you team delivery pretty quality-assured and fast.
You need to be driven and responsible so you can perform these tasks by yourself, without a strong guidance.
Skills & Experience
* Strong self-driven team-player able lead the quality within a Scrum team.
* Creative and imaginative for discovering new test scenarios.
* Expert skills in at least one web front-end / API automation tool (e.g. Selenium, Cypress, Karate, Protractor, Postman, SoapUI etc.)
* Proven programming skills, with readability and maintainability in mind for the long term (you've at least heard about Gherkin/Cucumber syntax, what is a PageObject, or similar code structure strategies).
* Great test results analysis and communication skills.
* Prior experience in Fin-tech, especially pensions and/or insurance, is a massive plus but not a hard req.
What is unique about this company, is that you still get the job fluidity and freedom of a smaller company, while still benefiting from the stability and financial muscle of an enterprise company.
The leadership team has not changed since the company first started, and they are firm believers that everybody in the company, no matter what area or level have a voice, and can influence the way the company does things.
Admittedly this does sound like the typical corporate chat, but having already placed several people with this client, we know from these people that this business mantra is not just all talk, but is practised and celebrated across the whole business.
This role also comes with a fantastic salary/benefits package which includes up-to 65,000 SEK per month, a 10% pension, wellness allowance, insurance, flexi-time, and 25 days of holiday as standard.
If you're sat here licking your lips at the prospect of working for one of Sweden's most reputable international fin-tech companies, please apply by clicking the link, or send your CV to my email address: email@example.com. I am also available via email for any questions or concerns you may have before applying.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader in Microsoft technology recruitment. Since 2006, we've found over 19,000 permanent and contract Microsoft professionals for partners, ISVs, and end users in the ecosystem.
For more information, visit nigelfrank.com.