A well-established organisation based in Surrey are looking for a BI & Analytics Engineering Manager to lead a technical team of Developers, who are focused on building end-to-end solutions for various business teams, both on-premise and on Azure using a modern data platform architecture.
This is a permanent role with hybrid working arrangements, where you'll likely be required to come into their Epsom office around 1-2 days per week on average.
As a manager, you will responsible for coaching and leading a cross-functional team, and will be supported in taking on the role of Scrum Master - it's important to note that you don't necessarily need to have been a Scrum Master before, as long as you are happy to step into this role.
You will act as a role model in demonstrating data leadership, agile principles and engineering excellence. Whilst most of your role will be hands-off management and strategic work, you will still sometimes need to be technically hands-on, owning the enterprise data warehouse and a range of key data sources and analytical solutions including Power BI reporting.
As such, we are looking for an individual with a solid background in Microsoft BI & Analytics development, and a desire to lead a high-performing team. The role would be well-suited to an existing Manager, or a seasoned BI or Data Developer looking to take a step-up into Management.
This is a really unique opportunity to take an active role in improving this organisations capability in Azure Platform Engineering, and lead from the from in establishing new tools and processes. Having partnered with this organisation on a number of Analytics hires, I can really advocate for the value they place in their data!
* Extensive background in BI & Analytics Delivery - including requirements gathering, design, development, test & deployment
* Excellent SQL skills
* Excellent data analysis, design and modelling experience - Kimball modelling, developing ETL / data pipelines, tabular models
* Experience designing and building data visualisations - ideally in Power BI
* Experience or knowledge of Azure data platform technologies - e.g. data factory, synapse, databricks etc.
* Experience either formally managing or informally coaching others, with a desire to step into the role of Scrum Master
* Salary of up to around £75,000 depending on level of experience
* Private medical and dental insurance
* Healthcare cash plan
* Life assurance
* On-site gym
Please Note: This is a permanent role for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
Nigel Frank are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK, offering more opportunities across the country than any other. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. To find out more and speak confidentially about your job search or hiring needs, please contact me directly at email@example.com