My client are an award winning, fast growing MSP in the North West of the UK. They are looking for a Network Architect to join their growing architecture team.
They are a dynamic and close knit team, with a good work life balance. There is a sense of community within the wider organisation and the leadership team take a real interest in your skills and development. They are growing quickly as there is a whole new generation in tech for cloud and networking that is driving new opportunity and change.
This role is varied, please find below some of the main responsibilities we are looking for:
- Finding the right technology fit for an organisation based on a thorough understanding of requirements
- Client facing: Pre-Sales, Requirements Gathering, Meetings, Interviews, Workshops, Presentations. Helping clients formulate a business case and justify technology investment
- Preparing proposals, working closely with the sales teams to create compelling content
- High level design - providing blue prints for engineering teams, you're accountable for the effectiveness of the solution and work closely with technology teams on implementation
- Devising migration and adoption plans - deciding on the migration approach, understanding implementation steps and managing risk
- Decision making - responsible/accountable for solution success, proving technology leadership throughout the process
- Communicating with key stakeholders across the client organisation and internally, translating business goals into key technology building blocks
We are looking for a good mix of the following skills, (not necessarily all of the below):
- Cisco - SD-WAN (formally Viptella) - practical experience with design and some aspects of implementation using Cisco SD-WAN across a number of client scenarios
- Fortinet - practical experience with design and some aspects of implementation using Fortigate firewalls
- Use of VPN technologies - including MPLS and remote access (SSL) VPN to help design private networks
- Use of quality of service (QoS) tools and integration of low latency applications such as VOIP
- Understanding of circuit and device resiliency options and design considerations for high availability
- Understanding of computer security principles and how they are applied to network architecture, including appropriate topologies and tools
- Passion for technology and self-development through reading books/blogs/articles, attending user groups/conferences/exhibitions etc.
- Certifications; to a professional level across one or more technology areas (or commensurate experience). Examples include CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, MSc in a relevant technology area
- MSP / Solution Provider background (or evidence of transferable skills and experience)
Click 'apply now' or get in touch with Emmabelle Nwadikwa on (0)203 909 9490 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nigel Frank International is the global leader in Microsoft Recruitment. We are unparalleled in our ability to match skilled Azure/M365 professionals with exciting, challenging roles all across the UK and abroad due to many clients trusting us exclusively with filling their vacancies. We deal with both Microsoft Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe and we have never had more live requirements jobs for Azure/M365 professionals. Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Azure/M365 opportunities. Nigel Frank International Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.