Data Engineer - London - £65k DoE
I am currently working with a market-leading logistics organisation who are looking to for a Data Engineer to join their team and help them in their goal of enhancing the way data is used in their specialist industry. In this role you will use data from both internal and external sources and work on maximising the efficiency of data solutions across the organisation. You will work hands on across the full project lifecycle, working closely with other members of the data team as well as non-technical stakeholders. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic environment where no two days are the same. This organisation will invest significant time and resources into your growth as an individual and you will have the opportunity to work with both on premise and cloud based data sources.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for some of the following areas.
* Maintain and develop new data solutions.
* Work on full project life cycle from gathering and understanding of requirements to creation of data feeds for data visualisation requests.
* Develop and maintain data pipelines between both on-premise and cloud based data platforms.
* Document data requirements, translating non-technical requirements into technical specifications.
* Identify opportunities for data quality improvements.
This is a salaried role paying up to £65,000 per year depending on experience. This is a hybrid opportunity based out of the organisations Central London office. There is also a company benefits package which includes generous holiday allowance, a contributory pensions scheme and training programmes alongside other benefits.
To be successful in this role you will have.
* Experience creating data pipelines for ETL purposes utilising SSIS
* Strong SQL coding experience; working with complex datasets and advanced functions.
* Experience designing, developing and implementing data warehouse solutions ideally following Kimball methodologies.
* Azure experience such as Data Factory or Databricks would be beneficial.
* Experience working with BI tools such as Power BI, SSAS or SSRS would be beneficial.
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
Nigel Frank International are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other recruitment agency. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. We are the global leaders in Microsoft recruitment.