SQL Server Database Administrator
I am working with an award winning, market leading organisation in the telecommunications industry who are looking for a SQL Server DBA to join their team. The organisation offer products to its customer all across Europe and Asia in 10 different countries across the two continents, with plans for further growth across mainland Europe planned. The organisation are pioneers in the industry and are looking for a passionate and driven individual to join the team and manage the organisations SQL server estate. Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be part of the wider IT team and you will take ownership of the organisations Live, Reporting and Replication data servers that are held both on premise and in the cloud.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for some of the following areas
* Ownership and day-to-day maintenance of the organisations SQL Server estate
* Managing database permissions.
* Managing database security/integrity and backup procedures
* Creating automated backups.
* Archiving and backing up database infrastructure
* Implementing security measures across databases, both onsite and offsite
* Disaster recovery planning
This is a salaried role paying up to �55,000 per annum depending on experience. The role is a hybrid opportunity with time split between the companies central London office and working from home. There is also a company benefits package on offer which includes holiday allowance and company pension scheme alongside others benefits.
To be successful in the role you will have
* Ability to demonstrate previous experience as a DBA with experience working with the latest version of Microsoft SQL Server.
* Thorough knowledge of T-SQL is essential.
* Solid understanding of approaches to SQL performance optimisation.
* Database and application performance tuning
* Understanding and application of database design techniques
* SSRS- installation, configuration, and administration.
* SSAS-installation, configuration, and administration.
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
Nigel Frank International are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other recruitment agency. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. We are the global leaders in Microsoft recruitment.