Lead Data Engineer - London/Hybrid - £80k DoE
I am working with on of the UK's leading public transport companies who are looking for a Data Engineer to join their team based in Central London. The organisation have invested significantly in their data function in the past 2 years with the aim for the business to make data-led decisions and generate in house data solutions.
They are currently working to develop their product roadmap and are looking to develop an in house Data Centre of Excellence. This team is the focal point for everything data related within the organisation and lead on projects to help predict future revenue, understand financial costs and pinch points and monitor operational activities. This is an exciting time to join the team and help shape the way that the organisation use their data moving forward.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for some of the following areas.
* Create, develop and maintain robust data pipelines for data ingestion and transformation purposes
* Work closely with other Data Engineers to create effective data models
* Work collaboratively as part of the organisations data team on their data migration project
* Engage with stakeholders from various departments to understand requirements and deliver them data that is required
This is a salaried role paying up to £65,000 per year depending on experience. This is a hybrid role where you will be required to work in the organisations Central London office on a weekly basis. There is also a company benefits package which includes -
* Up to 10% annual salary
* Subsided travel
* 25 days holiday
* Private health insurance
To be successful in this role you will have.
* Strong knowledge of SQL and Python
* Commercial experience using the Azure Data Platform
* Strong experience with Databricks
* Experience creating, developing and maintaining ETL pipelines
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
Nigel Frank International are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other recruitment agency. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. We are the global leaders in Microsoft recruitment.