BI Architect - Job Description
Nigel Frank are proud to be representing a global financial services provider who are looking for an ambitious BI Architect to join their team. This position will see you take ownership of the end to end solution delivery within the BI team, where you will be at the forefront of pitching ideas to the business, collaborating with the team of Developers and Engineers to design solutions, and then leading the team with regards to the implementation.
They are looking for someone who can not only deliver on the technical aspect (having knowledge in Azure Synapse and Data Factory is essential due to the organisation being a purely Microsoft house), but they also pride themselves on building a strong close knit team who work well together - so it is important that the successful candidate is able to not only lead on projects but work alongside and listen to their team's input and ideas.
Role & Responsibilities
* Keep up to date on the latest technical advances and use this information to effectively communicate with internal board members at C suite level to pitch new ideas which will help streamline business processes.
* Lead on projects, deliver end to end solutions working alongside a small but well accomplished team of Developers and Engineers.
* Work in an Agile Scrum team with the potential for occasional Waterfall project delivery.
Skills & Qualifications
* Strong Azure knowledge, specifically within Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse and Azure Data Lake.
* Experience delivering some aspect of leadership/mentoring whilst still working in a hands on environment.
* Good data platform development skills: ETL development, Data Warehousing, SQL database development.
* Car allowance of £5,500.
* Hybrid work pattern - weekly visits to the office in Banbury.
* Private health and dental care + personal health assessments and critical illness cover for you and your partner.
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays with the option to buy & sell holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this role or other exciting opportunities within BI, Power BI and Data, then please contact Cameron Stokoe at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly for a confidential conversation on 01912613250.