A well-established investment management company are looking for an experienced Data Engineer and Senior Data Engineer to join their growing team, as they look to become increasingly data-driven and utilise the latest Azure technologies.
They operate a hybrid working model, whereby you will work from their central Newcastle office around 1-2 days per week, and can spend the remaining time working from home.
In this role you will be working across a modern Azure Delta Lakehouse environment and on-premise SQL Server BI stack, supporting their Data Warehouse and various Data Analytics workstreams.
You will design and develop data pipelines, to support the ongoing development of their cutting-edge data platform, and design and develop data models to be used for analytics and reporting.
This is a really exciting opportunity to work for an organisation who are truly committed to being at the forefront of their industry by using cutting-edge Microsoft technologies! It's an incredible chance for an experienced Developer or Engineer with on-premise experience to begin working on Azure, or for someone with existing Azure experience to build on these skills and take up a Senior role within the team!
* Strong development skills in SQL, T-SQL and ideally Python or PySpark
* Strong experience in data solutions design and development including SQL Data Warehousing, ETL and Data Integration
* Hands-on development experience with the traditional BI Stack
* Analytics experience with visualisation tools such as Power BI is desirable
* Some experience of the Azure tech stack is required for the Senior-level role: Databricks, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics
* Salary up to �75,000 if no Azure experience, or �90,000 with Azure experience
* 25 days holiday & bank holidays
* Private medical cover
* Share incentive plan
* Death in service and income protection
Please Note: This is a permanent role for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
Nigel Frank are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK, offering more opportunities across the country than any other. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. To find out more and speak confidentially about your job search or hiring needs, please contact me directly at email@example.com