Senior Data Engineer
I am currently working with one of the UK's leading investment management organisation who are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join their Data Engineering team. The aim of this team is to increase the organisation capabilities to become a truly data led organisation. The team currently consists of a number of skilled Data Engineers but in this role you will also work closely with other Data professionals across the business such as Analysts, Architects and Data Managers. The team also demonstrate the organisation company values on a day to day basis. They work closely together as part of the team with respect and integrity and ensure that key objectives are met by using expert technical knowledge to deliver outstanding results.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for some of the following areas
* Design, develop and maintain data pipelines within the organisations database architecture.
* Design and develop data models that will be used for analytics and reporting
* Lead on data projects and be involved with leading and mentoring junior members of the team
* Work within BAU data streams and apply fixes to existing solutions that are both on-premise and in the cloud
* Engage with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to manage delivery of current initiatives and be able to identify new data opportunities
This is a salaried role paying up to £90,000 per year depending on experience. It is a hybrid opportunity with 3 days working from home and the remaining days working from the organisations London office alongside the other members of the team. There is also a company benefits package which includes a performance related annual bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, company pensions scheme and other company perks.
To be successful in this role you will have
* Good understanding of Delta Lake architecture and associated technologies such as Databricks, Azure Data Lake and Azure Data Factory
* Experience with data warehouse design, data pipeline development and maintenance and data integration
* Excellent programming skills using T-SQL or PySpark
* Experience with on-premise SQL Server solutions and associated BI tools; SSIS and SSRS
* Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
Nigel Frank International are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other recruitment agency. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. We are the global leaders in Microsoft recruitment.