Senior Business Analyst - Finance (English, Geneva)
The main purpose of this position will be to act as an expertise point on Accounting, Treasury and Master Data system and processes, as well as various integrations and interfaces. While providing senior support on incidents and problems, drive and sustain the deployment of these systems and processes.
As part of the IT project department, the Senior Business Analyst - Finance role will be to:
- Liaise with Finance Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to capture demands for evolutions in the field of financial matters: Accounting, Consolidation, Treasury, End of Month closing (stocks, accruals, etc.), Daily P&L, etc. This includes system integrations as well (ie interfaces), to ensure optimal flow of information between the components of the IT landscape and various Solutions.
- Maintain close control on the specificities of our group's entities across the world (LatAm, China, etc) and the inter-companies complexities
- Design the target model of these demands, be it simple adjustment to existing features or complete new processes/workflows/modules - that should be most of this position's effort.
- Describe clearly the changes required (via written specifications, detailed examples, use cases, exceptions, etc.) and lead the validation process from relevant parties: SMEs, Management, other Senior Business Analysts
- Work with the network of suppliers to properly qualify bugs and problems on Financial systems, work with delivery team(s) to have them fixed per priorities (of the Finance team but also of the overall project), test and control final outcome
- Define priorities and sequence of deliveries in cooperation with the project team
- Assist the Operation & Maintenance team in case of incidents or service requests that cannot be managed by support layers (level 1 and 2). Especially for critical cases such as Payments requests and processing.
- Support Documentation team in order to share information globally and allow users to troubleshoot on their own
This position will be in direct contact with a wide range of persons, including traders, execution officers, hedging, finance and controlling teams to assist defining target processes and features expected. These business needs will be also reviewed and discussed with our external delivery partners to plan scoping and requirements of each phase of the project.
As part of the project, this position will become one of the business experts of our target Front Office solution, being the first point of contact of our key users on financial matters.
Your Main Responsibilities
Be accountable for the proper identification, prioritization and documentation of requirements, including:
- Preparing and proposing a Vision for the target solution(s) and work processes
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine the most appropriate solutions to their demands. Evaluate/challenge/propose the content of these solutions in the bigger scheme of our processes. Identify possibly synergies, dependencies, conflicts, etc. with other processes or departments.
- Preparing and animating workshops with possible variety of stakeholders (business users, consultants, management, etc.)
- Gathering and translating business requirements into functional specifications
- Managing requests for changes to the specifications
- Building specifications documentations and ensuring they are up to date
- Support the management of the project:
- Roadmap and Scoping definition
- Gaps valorization (cost and duration) and arbitrations
- Progress reports
Support qualification of delivered project, including:
- Reviewing/defining acceptance criteria
- Creating Test Cases and running Acceptance testing (non-regression testing being delegated to different team)
Support users during project deployment, including:
- Ensuring adoption and training of users + assisting Documentation team
- Supporting deployment and golive of target solution (hypercare period and enhancements)
- You are the link between our business and our external delivery partners
- With both Business and IT engagements,
- A trusted point of contact for our users,
- Ensuring solution designed meet business needs and requirements
* Bachelor in IT, Business Administration or similar degree.
* Proven experience in similar position or in a relevant business function
- Experience in Dynamics 365 - Finance & Operation mandatory
- Commodity Trading & Risk Mgmt (CTRM) systems such as Aquarius, Trinity, etc.
- MS Office
- SQL language considered a plus but not mandatory
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good English (written/spoken)
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Good ability to translate requirements in specifications
- Excellent documentation skills for both technical & training purposes
- Build trust with project stakeholders and our management
- Skilled in presenting meetings outcomes, situation synthesis and giving presentations
- Self-learning character
- Patient, Resilient and open to feedback
Impressum - https://www.frankgroup.com/de/impressum/