I am working with a globally recognised organisation in the manufacturing and engineering industries who are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join their team. This role sits within a team of 4 other Data Engineers, so you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with like minded data professionals. You will have the opportunity to learn from senior engineers and also pass on your knowledge, skills and experiences to more junior members of them. The organisation currently have a number of projects planned for the coming years and will utilise the full Azure tech stack in order to fulfil these projects. This will give you the opportunity to gain further exposure to a cloud environment and allow you have a huge impact on the organisation by playing major roles in the upcoming projects.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for some of the following areas
* Work with key stakeholders across the business to identify needs and design data solutions
* Design, develop and deploy data pipelines to extract data from both on premise and cloud based data sources
* Ensure all data is stored correctly in a variety of sources such as Azure data lake, on premise and cloud based data warehouses and data marts.
* Create data models using the relevant architecture principles
* Be involved in the creation and development of Power BI reports
This is a salaried role paying up to �70,000 per annum depending on experience. The role is based in the organisation's office in Cambridgeshire where you will work on a hybrid basis with time split between the organisations office and working remotely. There is also a company benefits package on offer which includes a generous company pension scheme, flexible working and other company benefits
To be successful in the role you will have
* Strong ETL experience using SSIS or Azure Data Factory
* Strong knowledge of SQL; writing queries and building stored procedures
* Strong data engineering experience and the understanding of how to design complex data sets to meet the requirements of end users
* Knowledge of Power BI for data visualisation and reporting
* Knowledge of working within the Azure data platform would be beneficial, but not essential
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
Nigel Frank International are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other recruitment agency. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. We are the global leaders in Microsoft recruitment.