Big Data Architect
We are looking for an experienced data architect to provide technical leadership in architecting and designing end to end solutions for the Data lake initiatives as my client ventures into offering more and more services for consumers across multiple digital channels.
This role is varied with a wide range of responsibilities, the main responsibilities this role will entail:
* Ensure the current implementation of the big data solutions are in-line with industry best practices and standards.
* Drive improvements in the current design, processes & implementation to improve operational management, scalability, and extensibility.
* Design, prototype, implement, and optimize data ingestion pipelines so that data is shared effectively across various business systems.
* Ensure the design, code and procedural aspects of the solution are production ready, in terms of operational, security and compliance standards.
* Participate in day-to-day project and product delivery status meetings, and provide technical support for faster resolution of issues.
We are looking for a good mix of the below skills, (not necessarily all of the below):
* Demonstrable design & development experience and experience with big data technologies like Spark/Flink and Kafka
* Proficient in Python, PySpark, or Java/Scala.
Hands-on experience with some of the following technologies:
* Azure/AWS - Data Lake Projects
* Spring/Guice or any other DI framework,
* RESTful Web Services.
* Proficient in querying and manipulating data from various DB (relational and big data).
* Experience of writing effective and maintainable unit and integration tests for ingestion pipelines.
* Experience of using static analysis and code quality tools and building CI/CD pipelines.
To be successful, it is essential you have the following:
* 5+ years' experience in the Data industry
* Excellent communication: clear, concise & articulate.
* Passion for technology and self-learning to advance your own career.
You will be awarded the following benefits package:
* Base Salary - From £80,000 to £110,000 per annum
(this is a wide range, what you are offered is completely dependent on your skill level which is assessed on your CV and through your Interview process)
* 10% Bonus
* Plus so much more… (please enquire for more details)
* Working Location - Hybrid - 2 or 3 days a week in the office.
* Office Location - London, Docklands
* Contract Type - Permanent, Full Time
* Interview Process - 2 stages
* Progression Options
* Training & Development
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!