Lead Data Engineer (AWS)
Join a small, but well established data team who turn expensive data warehousing into a lightning fast, better managed, flexible service. Giving their clients clarity on their data and empowering them with key business insights and knowledge is the foundation of their work.
This role is hybrid remote in Rivonia and is best suited to someone who has technical knowledge, strong business acumen as well as leadership abilities.
What you can expect:
Pre-sales and commercial support (5%)
* Assist with clarification of technical requirements & implementation process with clients
* Assist commercial team with product and architectural knowledge
* Assist with time & effort breakdown for project proposals
* Assist with product demos and PoCs
Project Delivery (70%)
* Technical delivery and implementation (incl. design & support)
* Drive good technical architecture
* Support Project manager in defining & tracking project plans & delivery of quality
* Liaise with client technical staff on a regular basis to understand client vision and concerns
* Be pro-active in internal & client escalations
* Support and guidance of the tech team with resolution of customer tickets
* Input into required tech processes to deliver high quality services
* Support Operations Manager with resource planning/allocation
Management and Leadership (20%)
* Technical leadership and mentorship
* Support Operations manager to Identify & find way to close gaps team skills and capabilities
* Assist team with technical solution design & implementation
* Support and implementation of technical strategy
* Data Modelling (e.g. Kimball/Data Vault)
* Scripting/coding (e.g Python, T-SQL, SQL, Spark, PySpark,)
* ETL/ELT (Eg. Alteryx, SSIS, dbt, AWS Glue)
* SQL (Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle)
* Visualisation (Power Bi, Tableau)
* Data Analytics (E.g. Alteryx)
* Statistical modelling/Machine learning
* Cloud data warehouse (AWS RDS, AWS Redshift, Azure Synapse, Google Big Query)
* Databases (SQL Server, MongoDb, Postgres)
* Datawarehouse automation (E.g. WhereScape)
* Data design and architectural exposure
* Requirements gathering
* Project plan estimations
* Natural leader
* Mentor and teacher
* Excellent written and verbal communicator.
* Comfortable at presenting and facilitating at meetings.
* Experience consulting and working directly with customers.
* Takes initiative.
* Good organisational skills
Send over your updated CV to email@example.com or get in touch on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stacey-m-1b9817139/
#aws #dataengineer #johannesburg #technicallead #leaddataengineer #python