A well-established retailer are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to lead on the development of a brand-new data platform on Azure, whilst managing a small Data Engineering team. This is a hybrid role, and will require you to come into their office in Islington 2-3 days per week.
The role will involve line managing a small and growing Data Engineering team, managing efficient ways of working between functional and technical teams, providing guidance on best-practices and encouraging a high-performing a collaborative culture.
Given they are relatively early-on in their data journey, this is a really unique opportunity to make a real impact on their technical roadmap, and help introduce them to cutting-edge Azure technologies.
This role would be well-suited to an experienced Data Engineer or Developer who is looking to step up into a Management role, or a current manager who is ready for a fresh challenge.
* Significant experience in Data Engineer or Business Intelligence development roles
* Strong SQL development experience
* Strong ETL experience
* An understanding of data architecture concepts such as Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Data Marts etc.
* Experience with Azure data technologies such as Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Synapse etc.
* Any experience with Dynamics 365 would be beneficial but not essential
* Either informal mentoring or formal leadership experience
* Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
* Salary up to £90,000 depending on experience
* 34 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays
* Company pension scheme
Please Note: This is a permanent role for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
Nigel Frank are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK, offering more opportunities across the country than any other. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. To find out more and speak confidentially about your job search or hiring needs, please contact me directly at email@example.com