We are looking for a capable Infrastructure Security individual, who has both deep and wide expertise in the security space.
Our Clients purpose is to make tomorrow safer than today and this role really embodies that Purpose. Basically the role will be fundamental in making our IT infrastructure more secure by/through:
- Establishing action plans to address infrastructure related security risks.
- Formulating and delivering security solutions as part of IT project and programme work.
- Membership of our IT Security Council designed to oversee, develop and maintain a secure enterprise wide IT estate.
Providing an escalation point for high priority business as usual security issues and monitoring activities
Skills & Qualifications.
In terms of requirements for the role, we will be looking for:
- 2/3 years of proven work experience in a similar role.
- Experience in building and maintaining infrastructure security systems.
- Detailed technical knowledge of infrastructure security across public and private end user compute, servers, data centres and network environments.
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems etc.
- Hands on experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Hands on experience with cyber/web related technologies, including related protocols.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Some sort of related qualification/accreditation (desirable).