I am currently supporting a local Belfast consultancy seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to work to play a leading role in their technical team. The role will be remote for the vast majority of the time with occasional travel needed to client sites/head office when required.
Role & Responsibilities
Provide skillet .net development, guidance and support within the delivery function, ensuring that development tasks are appropriately estimated and delivered within given sprints on enterprise bespoke development solutions.
Identify the most appropriate methods for solution implementation based on product configuration; software development use of third-party components; integration with software components.
Promote SCRUM quality software engineering techniques within the development team, such as code review, design review, re-usability of code, re-factoring and automated unit testing.
Ownership and delivery of own user stories and tasks, keeping in mind the overall delivery of fellow team mates to ensure a successful sprint completion.
Experience on the roll out and deployment of bespoke software packages, including the use of 3rd party products.
Train and mentor new team members and junior developers.
Skills & Qualifications
Experience of development in a senior .net developer position within a multidisciplinary team, delivering enterprise scale multi-tier solutions.
Experience of working with remote teams in a hybrid agile environment.
Able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
- Good organisational and time management skills - planning ahead, managing time and being on time.
You will be required to successfully complete a Baseline Personnel Security Check (BPSC).
You may be required to successfully complete a Security Clearance (SC) check.
- ASP .net or .net Core.
- Entity Framework.
- N-Tier development (using WCF / WebAPI).
- Experienced user on SQL Server developer features such as profiler.
- Usage of Microsoft DevOps for project collaboration and code base repository.
- Experience in usage of unit testing frameworks
- Azure based enterprise solution full lifecycle project delivery, including the usage of different Azure based services, not just virtual machines hosted in Azure.
- Experience in deployment/configurations tooling such as Octopus and Terrafrom.
- Up to date Microsoft Technical certifications.
For more information about this fantastic opportunity please email an up to date CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org