Principal Data Warehouse Architect-Latham, NY-Permanent
Primary Role: The Principal Data Warehouse Architect is a member of the senior technical staff and is responsible for setting the corporate strategy in regards to Data Warehousing. Specifically, the individual will be responsible for implementing and delivering business intelligence solutions for the organization.
- Design and creation of data structures to produce reports to make data actionable and facilitate decision making for clients.
- Interacts with customers to understand business and data requirements, and iteratively designs report prototypes for customer feedback.
- Applies design and data analysis techniques to organize the presentation of data in impactful ways in order to make it easier to understand, insightful, and actionable by end users.
- Works with functional internal teams to provide subject matter expertise throughout the production implementation of report driven requirements.
- Utilize traditional and agile methodologies in the report development process.
- Lead and/or assist in the design, architecture, and implementation of data sources to include data warehouse, traditional relational databases, and unstructured content utilizing installed Business Intelligence suite.
- Support systems already deployed by assisting in reproduction and rework of issues as reported by the user community.
- S. in Computer Science/Information Technology or Manufacturing Engineering and an advanced business degree is preferred. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is required.
- 5-7 years of related work experience in a data warehousing environment.
- Management experience in traditional hierarchical and matrixed managed team environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in data modeling for data warehousing - star and/or snowflake schema designs.
- Have successfully led the design and implementation of at least 5 data warehouse solution as a data architect/modeler.
- At least 5 years' experience performing ETL/data integration tools like Informatica, MSFT SSIS, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Data Integrator, Data Stage, Ab Initio.
- At least 5 years' experience in SQL with a common RDBMS like DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, MySql.
- Experience in 2 or more BI tools like Power BI, Hyperion, Microstrategy, Qlikview, Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos, OBIEE, Pentaho, etc.
- Experience in building dashboards in Power BI, and with the loading/transformation of data using SQL/MySQL.
- Ensure that the customer (internal and external) needs are defined properly and the product delivered within specification, on time, and within budget.
- Excellent presentation, written, verbal and communication skills with the ability to engage and influence employees and leaders at all levels of the organization.
If you feel that you would be a good fit for this role or are interested in learning more, contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org