Azure Data Developer - Birmingham, UK
Are you a talented Azure Data Developer looking for your next step in a fast-growing company?
You will be working as part of an innovative, fast paced technology driven culture who are always looking at ways to enhance how tech is used within their industry.
My client are a private equity service provider with a technology bias. They are the perfect blend of people & technology and believe their people are their biggest strength. They have a healthy pipeline of projects, which keeps growing and so, are increasing their head count due to growth.
- Drive improvements across the company
- Develop and support the processes using the Microsoft Stack
- Data Cleansing
- Build scalable and supportable data platforms
- Support the fast-growing data within the business
- Ensure data quality and integrity through well-defined acceptance criteria and testing
- Design and delivery of enterprise level Highly Available solutions
- Developing pipeline
- Meetings - Clients, PM's, BA's
- Tickets are assigned, identify issue, investigate, resolve
- Data Ingestion
- Client Onboarding - process data, connect to the client, transforming data, take data in, data & system integration
- Support Existing Clients
- Overhauling the Data Warehouse - building a data warehouse in the cloud
My client is looking for a strong mix of the below skills. They are always willing to up skill the right candidates so don't be shy, just apply.
- SQL Server (2016 upwards) - End to end DWH development, including dimension data modeling.
- T-SQL - Writing advanced SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Data Warehouse Development - Utilising Azure Data Factory & SSIS (designing and developing ETL data pipelines)
- C# - scripting & coding, within SSIS, file processing, transforming data, write c# code to process data
- Jira - Ticket management
- Agile - MoSCoW prioritization, ceremonies, daily stand ups, retrospectives, Scrum, Kanban
It is not essential for you to have all of the below skills, but if you are looking for the top end of the salary, then we would expect you to have some of these skills. But dont, worry it wont be long before you learn these technologies once you start in the role.
- PaaS and IaaS - Cloud computing
- Azure SQL Database - performance tuning
- Azure - data development and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Azure Synapse
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Azure DevOps, GitHub - Deployment orchestration and configuration management tools
- Power BI - knowledge of
- SSRS - knowledge of
- Close Knit, a community feeling.
- Transparent & Open
- Fast Paced
- Work-life balance
- Flexible Hours
- Work hard play hard
- Good communication
- Easy going, flexible
- Delivery focused
- Understand tight deadlines
- Go the extra mile to deliver customer requirements, not with a 9-5 attitude.
- Forward thinking, creative, efficient
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, whilst maintaining commitment to quality
- Keeping pace with emerging technologies
- English (fluent - oral and written)
- Salary Ranges from £40,000 to £55,000 (depending on your level of skill-set)
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Service Awards
- Private Medical
- Pension match 5-10%
- Life Assurance x4
- Plus much more…
- Office Location - Birmingham City Centre
- During Lockdown - Still fully remote, phased optional 1 day a week, socially distanced office, chance to meet people.
- Post Lockdown - In September, this will be mandatory Hybrid role, 2 days in the office.
- Dress Code - Smart Casual
- Training & Certifications - relevant to your role, with time off approaching your exam to ensure a successful outcome.
- Progression Path - Review cycle every 6 months, those who are keen, enthusiastic, go above and beyond. Then you get recognised and rewarded. However, promotions can happen at any point you meet your objectives, even before the 6 month review. It is all in your hands.
This is the brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary). I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Phone: 0191 338 7633
Please Note: This role is for UK residents only. My clients do not offer Sponsorship. You must have the legal Right to Work in the UK. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.