Looking for a Ab Initio Developer to join one of the world's largest and most respected financial Institutions. With many years of success, quality and innovation behind them, they offer careers that provide endless opportunity- helping millions of Individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now take for granted.
Voted one of the top 5 companies to work for within the UK, they work closely with their employees to understand their career aspirations and provide paid for certifications and training courses which ultimately help to sign post their development to achieve these goals.
Role & Responsibilities
- Providing technically sound solutions for the storage, ingestion, storage and presentation of enterprise data including data storage strategies, data access, ETL design and security
- Developing complicated Ab Initio ETL processes to turn business requirements into Technology data solutions
- Driving the design of scalable solutions while considering recoverable and resiliency requirements
- Employing agile techniques such as task automation, deployment automation, test automation, and continuous integration to enhance overall execution speed and quality
- Converting source to target mappings into ETL code
- Collaborating with data modelers and contributing to the physical data model design
- Designing and implementing physical data and metadata repositories in Hive/ Impala/ HBase (as appropriate) corresponding to logical data models
- Replicating data from current RDBMS based systems to the RFT Hadoop Data Lakes
Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency on data warehouse product stack and architecture
- Proven experience in delivery using Ab Initio and Data modelling
- Proficiency with MS SQL and its variation among popular databases
- Knowledge of all Hadoop components mainly HDFS, Zookeeper, YARN, HBASE, Hive, Impala, SparkSQL
- Excellent communication skills; an articulate and detail-oriented individual
- Very good stakeholder management ability, experience in managing high severity incidents and working under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills - exemplary team player and ability to mentor junior members of the team
- 25 Days holiday
- 10% Pension
- Health care
- Life Insurance
They are looking to start the Interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
My client has limited interview slots so please apply urgently, please send your up to date CV to Nancy Tamplin firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 808 7304 for a catch up in complete confidence.
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.