Looking for a DBA/SQL Developer to join a talented and successful in-house development team working on a varied range of projects across all aspects of the business. Reporting to the Senior DBA Developer with direct access to the CTO and Head of SQL and NAV Development, you will deliver top quality projects bringing business value.
Role & Responsibilities
- Coding and improving existing SQL Server T-SQL queries.
- Helping to develop efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc.).
- Carry out index maintenance, choosing when to add or remove indexes.
- Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance. Using profiler traces, extended events and other tools to SQL code, comparing SQL plans, etc.
- DBA duties, ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Use DMV queries or other tools to help diagnose server reliability and performance.
- Develop, deploy and maintain SSIS packages.
- Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance.
- Implementing and monitoring replication, mirroring and log shipping.
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 5 years' experience with MS SQL Server.
- A good understanding of relational database principles and guidelines.
- Extensive SQL query development experience.
- Database administration - reliability, performance tuning and optimisation, backup, high availability (replication, mirroring, log shipping, always on) and DR solutions.
- SSIS development & implementation experience.
- Experience of participating in full life cycle development.
- Background in high transaction environments and implementation of scalable architectures.
- Experience or knowledge of an agile environment that practices scrum methodologies.
- Familiarity with SQL Redgate tools: SQL Compare and Data Compare, SQL Monitor, SQL Source Control.
- Github version control.
- Experience of designing and implementing AWS/Azure Cloud databases and high availability solutions - desirable.
- Experience of managing Always-n Availability groups.
- Experience with ORM generated SQL codes
- Career progression
- + Many more great benefits
My client really understands the importance of work life balance which is why they offer a range of flexible working arrangements which include WFH / Flexible working.
They are looking to start the Interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
My client has limited interview slots so please apply urgently, please send your up to date CV to Nancy Tamplin firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 808 7304 for a catch up in complete confidence.
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.