Azure Cloud Architect- Infrastructure- Washington D.C./ Remote Opportunity- Permanent- $180,000
Our client is a leading provider of solutions in advanced technologies including cloud, cybersecurity, machine learning an IT modernization. They have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Cloud Architect to join their team in supporting a large Federal Government program. Join them in
In this role, the Principal Cloud Architect is responsible for discovery and assessment of the current environment and for architecting business enabling solutions for a large federal program to consume services from the cloud. This role is responsible for evaluating customers' current and anticipated needs, develop innovative solutions, develop architectures, and evaluate cloud implementations according to the customer and industry best practices and standards. We also expect that you will be a subject matter expert who can support customer meetings to analyze their enterprise and suggest means for gaining value from utilizing cloud technologies. You will also work closely with our key commercial cloud partners to strengthen strategic competencies and qualifications.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide thought and technical design leadership to cloud solutioning
- Serve as a technical SME for cloud services, providers, and platforms.
- Test and assess chosen products and make recommendations
- Act as a change agent for technologies and supporting processes to maximize results measured by performance and availability, business agility, technology freshness, and cost optimization
- Lead cloud application architecting sessions evaluating tradeoffs between design, risk, and technology.
- Execute prototypes and technical feasibility assessments for cloud solutions
- Apply advanced technical knowledge and skills in developing solutions or problem solving where complexity, innovation and technical expertise are required
- Migrate existing on-premises applications to cloud leveraging a structured method and best practices
- Integrate multiple products across cloud and hybrid environments
- Develop processes and procedures for applications' migration to the cloud, as well as managed services in the cloud
- 6+ years of technical delivery and ownership of infrastructure solutions
- 6+ years with virtualization, storage and networking architecture
- Demonstrated experience in broad architectural skills, and driving customer adoption
- Experience moving workloads from on premise to IaaS (Azure, Rackspace, etc.)
- Networking fundamentals, including hybrid cloud technologies preferred
- Strong knowledge of IP Networking including VPC's, VPN's, VRF, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls.
- Demonstrated Hands on experience developing solutions with cloud orchestration tools.
- Ability to design the architectures for integrating core infrastructure technologies in support of enterprise applications
- Strong Active Directory skills, including Group Policy Administration, Replication and Deployment experience.
- Strong understanding of DevOps practices and Agile project management strongly preferred
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com