SQL DBA/Developer - Norwich - £35-43k
This role requires you to be able to travel to the office in Norwich and to have the unrestricted right to work in the UK. This organisation is not able to offer sponsorship.
A fantastic organisation based in the Norwich area are looking to recruit a SQL DBA/Developer to join their expanding data team.
This position will require you to organise and manage data within the SQL database as will as actively creating processes which efficiently utilise this data. You will be expected to develop forecasting and digital analytics tools which are user friendly and relevant for this niche market.
The overall purpose of this role is to create an efficient flow of data within the company and in doing so create a stable foundation which will enable further digital growth.
This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Monitoring performance, minimising database downtime, managing parameters to provide fast query responses, implementing changes and applying new patches and versions when required
- In order to facilitate the data integration, the role will include enabling data distribution to the right users, in the appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Create tools by considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users to view and utilise data and output reports for clients
- Use API's to link SQL to external data and existing forecasting tools
- Refine the logical design of existing models
- Build and deliver remediation of models to create efficiency using automation and data integration
- Build new analysis tools by taking conceptual designs and prototypes and converting them into tools that can be used by the wider team for forecasting
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Support junior members of staff
To be a good fit for this role you should have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be ready to hit the ground running. You should also have the following technical skills:
- Strong experience with SQL Server, plus T-SQL
- Strong SQL Database Administration experience
- Good understanding of SSIS
- Exposure to Power BI or Powershell
- Strong MS Excel skills
If this looks like the next step in your career then apply today. Submit your CV or contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.