Technology Support Technician - Bedfordshire - Up to £25,000
Technology Support Technician:
As Technology Support Technician you will be providing support to our 150 + staff and infrastructure across our offices and training centres throughout EMEA, facilitate and communicate between technology and business departments regarding maintenance and support of the Service Desk and ad-hoc Technology projects. As a Support Technician you may be required travel between sites within EMEA supporting local staff. Providing 1st/2nd level support through taking calls and handling the resulting incidents or Service Requests, using the incident management and request fulfilment processes.
Service Desk Analyst Support
- Analyse solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install and configure systems
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Assigning and delegating of tickets
Operations and Support
- Work as a part of the Technology team sharing information, technical knowledge and project details to provide a comprehensive and responsive service.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts as per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Liaise with the Learn team and instructors regarding updates and revisions of entire imaging portfolio.
- Assist managing course image revisions, keeping a log of changes and required signatures from instructors and management staff.
- Review and advise on classroom upkeep and advancement.
- Liaise with operations staff to ensure classroom hardware faults are resolved.
- Systems documented and continually updated.
- Regular site visits to regions.
- Regular communication with local operations staff and country managers
- Responsible for asset management within training centres, liaising with Operation staff to ensure registers are current and accurate. Forecast and advise I.T Manager of hardware replacement schedules, faulty equipment and upgrades.
- Management of remote lab environment.
Test Centre Support
- 1st/2nd line support ensuring systems are operational and providing escalated support for global testing centres.
- Manage Technical relationship with third line support vendors
- Ensure Escalated Issues are resolved and followed up in a timely manner.
- Monitor SLA's and report on breaches to the IT Manager
Technology and Infrastructure / Skills
- Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems
- Office 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Remote Application Services
- JIRA (Atlassian) Service Desk
- Cisco Meraki Cloud Networking
- Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Microsoft DPM (Data Protection Manager)
- HardCat Asset Management System
- Sophos Enterprise Management
- Free access to IT certifications, training and qualifications
- Access to free accelerated training
- 20 days annual leave (rising by 1 day each year ) plus Christmas/New Year
- BUPA Medical/Dental
- Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work and Season Ticket Loan