Junior BI Developer - St Albans - £30k!
A well-known company based in St Albans are looking to recruit a dynamic and driven Junior BI Developer to join their expanding IT team.
You will be joining a team which is currently going through an expansion and looking to recruit a Junior BI Developer who is looking to learn and apply their problem-solving skills. This team is responsible for the maintenance and development of an analytics platform which supports a large number of both users and clients.
The majority of your technical focus will be around MS SQL Server and a number of .NET and web services which support analytics and interaction with the user.
Your responsibilities will be varied and include:
- Applying coding standards.
- SQL and T-SQL development.
- Being active during stand-ups and discussing technical issues with your supervisor.
- Assisting with design, building and maintenance activities.
- Learning non-technical concepts which will be relevant to the role.
- Taking part in both BI Development and Data Analysis.
- Working in an Agile environment
This role will offer the opportunity to develop your understanding of SQL Server and other BI technologies as well as broadening your skill-set to cover requirements gathering, QA, and reporting. This position will require you to have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to think on your feet and work in a fast-paced environment.
You To be a good fit for this role you should have the following skills:
- A strong interest in BI Development / Data Analysis.
- The ability to think logically and a keenness for problem-solving.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- An understanding of relational databases.
- A strong understanding of basic mathematical statistics.
- Exposure to SQL Server, T-SQL, Power BI, Tableau, or any other similar tool.
- Experience working within a financial organisation.
If you think you would be a good fit for this role then apply today! Submit your CV or contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.