The Company and Opportunity
My client is a multinational Insurance Brokerage and Risk Management organisation, the third largest in the world. They have two offices in Cambridge and Surrey in the South of England. They are willing to sponsor a Tier 2 visa for South African based developers and their families who are willing to relocate to the UK.
You will join the team at an exciting time as the focus increasingly looks towards cloud/SaaS solutions, upgrading existing products to new technologies and modern UX, as well as developing brand-new applications.
As a developer, you will work as part of a highly-skilled and close-knit scrum team assigned to a greenfield projects, and play a key role creating new product features and enhancing existing code, whilst ensuring the product continues to meet high levels of reliability, maintainability, usability and performance.
My client is looking for full stack developers but there is an additional emphasis on front end competence with the intention of complimenting the existing skill set on the back end.
- Work with the Product Owner to define, refine and deliver the product backlog,
- Design software solutions meeting functional and non-functional requirements,
- Implement product code, following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance,
- Implement test-related code (unit tests, test frameworks and associated automated test cases),
- Review and debug code to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt,
- Participate in Agile/scrum activities (sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives), striving to continuously improve the team velocity, its processes and engineering practices.
- Experience with backend development: RESTful API's and services for Microsoft cloud deployments using C# .NET Core/ASP.NET, Azure infrastructure and services, JSON/XML.
- Strong appreciation of UX principles, ability to iterate commercial-quality GUI implementations working from wireframes/mockups and other assets produced by UX designers.
- Experience in data visualisation (e.g. D3, PrimeNG, NGX Charts)
- Experience with the Agile/Scrum development lifecycle in a commercial/production environment,
- Experience with software engineering best practices: object-oriented, design patterns, SOLID principles,
- Experience with software development ecosystem (IDE's, version control, test automation/CI, etc.).