Cloud Consultant-Remote-- $200k
A top 10 global IT service provider is looking for a Senior level Cloud Consultant to join their growing team!
This is the chance to work for a company known for their awesome culture, amazing benefits, flexible hours, and unlimited vacation.
The Cloud Architect role is tasked with:
helping our clients transcend their current operating practices to reach the next generation in multicloud capabilities. By helping our clients to create an evolving digital framework, the architect will use drivers such as security, privacy, cost, scalability, operational complexity and agile business enablement to help create value and increase our clients competitive advantage in their given markets.
- Work collaboratively as part of cross-functional teams to develop and implement a comprehensive approach that allows for rapid and successful adoption of next generation cloud services (Public, Private, SaaS, PaaS).
- Take ownership for their respective engagements while working with the overall team to continually meet and exceed best practice and standards.
- Depending on the size and scope of a project, Cloud architects may participate in multiple workstreams and must be able to manage their time as well as customer expectations successfully
- Gather all necessary information on the customer's current environment and provide concise assessment around their existing infrastructure, applications, gaps in performance or opportunity as well as known future requirements.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 7 years of Information Technology related experience
- 7 years of operations experience with enterprise workloads
- 4 years of experience in cloud solutioning
- Passion for the cloud and digital transformation journey
- Deep knowledge of enterprise systems in large organizations and trends in cloud applications, system integration, migration
- Strong knowledge in specifying selection criteria for cloud providers and identifying the optimal multi-cloud architecture
- Proven experience leading multi-cloud transformation engagements
- Strategic design, implementation and migration of cloud solutions for medium and large size clients utilizing private and public cloud platforms (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Ability to guide clients to identify and solve real world business and technology challenges
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple engagements at the same time
- Ability to work across locations and time zones
- Demonstrate a high energy and positive attitude that promotes flexibility, teamwork and initiative
- Develop standards for operations to support our customers
- Work onsite with clients to get a deep understanding of both business and technical requirements
- Work with clients via onsite or remote sessions to help understand challenges and current performance or capability gaps
- Execute comprehensive discovery sessions to gather all relevant information needed for cloud assessment and recommendations
- Mentor other team members as needed to participate in cloud assessment and transformation activities
- Work with operations group as well as the customer to map out transformation and migration strategy
- Provide support for operations team during critical stages of any transformation and migration engagement
- Assist in the creation and review of contract documents related to cloud assessment and transformation engagements
Leadership and Team Focus
- Provides recommendations on changes and design enhancements to improve reliability, security, processes, and performance.
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments; desire to succeed and has a history of meeting solutions by deadline.
- Builds respectful relationships with team members; consistently acknowledges and appreciates each member's contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential; motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems; provides information that ensures interest and understanding.
- Promotes innovation, creativity, and effectiveness, always striving for continuous improvement.
- Grows professionally and personally; eager to acquire new knowledge while promoting the organization's values and culture.
If this role is of interest, contact Emily directly at email@example.com