2nd Line Support Engineer-Up to £30,000-Shrewsbury
This client we are currently recruiting for a rapidly expanding waste management company with over 350 users that is responsible for recycling, waste management and environmental measures across the economy.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Recruitment, providing opportunities for candidates of all levels of experience in infrastructure, security and azure based technologies. We get roles such as this one exclusively before they are out on the market so we can get you on board quicker!
The ideal candidate for this position with have worked with in a role that is of 2nd Line support dealing with professional 1st to 3rd line end user support of business applications and systems, associated services and configurations, from entry level desktop support to more complex desktop support issues. This role would be ideal for someone who is looking to move into a 2/3rd line support position in order to progress up the career ladder into an infrastructure engineer.
What you will be doing:
- Delivering exceptional customer service.
- Planning, investigating as well as resolving support issues and liaising with 3rd parties to completely resolve issues within the network.
- Maintain the organisations infrastructure systems in line with IT procedures.
- Identify any upcoming security risks and deal with them accordingly as well as maintaining the security of the organisations as a whole.
- Assist with agreed plans to install or upgrade hardware and software.
What you will need:
- 1st and 2nd line end user Windows desktop and Windows Server and Network support in an enterprise or a medium sized company
- Administration of Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2 / 2016
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Office 365 administration and successful tenancy migrations.
- Microsoft Powershell scripting.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Administration of Cisco / HPE network switches, VLANs and wireless access points.
- Must have good understanding of TCP/IP and network routing concepts
- Centralised hardware firmware, operating system and application patches and updates
- Checking full system backups and recovery techniques using Azure or Veeam
Salary up to £30,000
Apply here, or contact me directly
020 3148 4655