Trade Floor Support Application Support - Knutsford
Are you an experienced 1st or 2nd line support engineer looking for your next opportunity? This client is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions with a heritage of over 300 years long. With values based on respect, integrity, service, excellence, and stewardship - they act with empathy, integrity and champion innovation and sustainability. Therefore, this is a welcoming and inclusive organisation. They pride themselves on both their commercial success as well as their dedication to making positive contributions to society.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, support engineer to join the Trade Floor Support Team.
The Trade Floor Support Team support the Credit, Municipal, Securitized Products and Whole Sale Lending businesses by providing 1st and 2nd Line Support for the booking and realtime risk/pricing, and credit trading platforms.
This opportunity will give you valuable exposure to all levels of technologies and business staff. Therefore, this client is looking for someone with well developed communication skills and the ability to prioritise issues and escalate situations when required. You will also get the opportunity to participate in the production of data analysis to initiate stability and improvement.
In this role you will be required to:
- Work with the Whole Sale Lending businesses and the Credit, SecProd to log, prioritize, resolve, escalate (if necessary) and own all support issues through to completion
- Operate as part of the team shift rota that provides support from 07:00-18:00
- Perform analysis of support requests to identify the most efficient solutions to improve Stability and Reliability
- Effectively communicate or escalate incidents and problems to 3rd line support when required
- Take on "Subject Matter Expert" responsibilities for the suite of applications. Build up systems knowledge, business knowledge and technical knowledge, through self-assessment, self-training materials, and liaising with key development contacts to obtain a deep understanding of the systems and business
- SQL- MSSQL or Oracle
- Scripting - Python, Shell or Pearl
- Experience with ITIL concepts and best practises
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Strong basic technical skills with demonstratable ability to learn more
- Support experience in AWS, Azure or other cloud environments
- Experience with ITRS Geneos monitoring system
- Base salary - up to £45,000
- Completive holiday allowance
- Pension contribution
- Private medical care
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Voluntary benefits
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP with limited interview spots this and next week, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
This is a brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary).
I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.