A Security Architect is tasked with designing, building, testing and implementing security systems within Company's IT network (Workplace, On-premise and Cloud environments) for protection of both business and customer data. A Security Architect is expected to have a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products. The candidate should be knowledgeable on cloud security fundamentals(especially Azure ) and able to provide assistance to team members.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- planning, researching, and designing security architectures
- Performing vulnerability testing and security assessments
- Researching security systems and authentication protocols
- Developing networking requirements, reviewing the installations of firewalls, VPNs, routers
- Designing public key infrastructures and identity solutions
- Testing final security structures and reviewing applications security
- Work with Company's Security operations team to establish disaster recovery procedures and conducting incident response drills to support security compliance initiatives.
- Support Company's Security operations Center during Incident response as needed.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architect, Cloud Architect and other similar roles to develop and deliver a complete security architecture solution
- Assist the security team with other security related tasks as needed
- Collaborate and establish working relationship with security professionals in other business units. provide feedback and help as needed for security initiatives that are driven centrally.
- A Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field.
- Extensive experience in information security preferably on security architecture
- Expertise in cloud architecture and security fundamentals
- Deep understanding of container security, cloud network fundamentals, high availability design, multi-cloud benefits/shortcomings, microservices, and serverless compute
- Experience moving to a DevOps and/or DevSecOps environment - Understand agile development and CI/CD pipelines
- Network architecture, network security, and TCP/IP
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- CISSP, Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) and other security certifications are desirable
Soft skills :
- Ability to work well with others and garner cooperation
- Aptitude for working well under pressure
- Accepting responsibility for own work
- Ability to present creative solutions to management
- Ability to multi-task
- Speak fluent English
- Communicate well with customer, partners and internal stakeholders
- Good presentation skills and the ability to build trust
- Be proactive, openly share, evangelize, and advocate for the security topics
- The ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds