Looking for a Data Engineer to join an established team of MI experts. You will be involved in maintaining, expanding and optimising their data pipeline and architecture along with supporting end users through data and report delivery. You will also be supporting your great team of MI colleagues in the delivery and accuracy of reports, dashboards and data sets using a variety of tools, including SSMS, SSIS, MS Excel, MS Access and will ensure robust, automated and efficient data pipelines are in place for our data Visualisation Team to use through Power BI.
Role & Responsibilities
- Help to implement the best practice and new confirmed business measures.
- Make sure that high level of accuracy of reporting is maintained.
- Liaising with other departments throughout the business in order to help improve processes.
- Assemble large, complex data sets for reporting to meet business requirements.
- Create and maintain the MI data pipeline and associated architecture.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the interfaces required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data to and from a variety of on-premise, cloud and third-party data sources.
- Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipelines to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Manage the deployment of appropriate data security processes and user controls
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as familiarity with a variety of database technologies (including SQL, Access).
- Experience building and optimizing ETL processes, data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis and resolving issues in relation to internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Data modelling and database design experience
- Understanding of and exposure to Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouses, Data Lakes and similar structured data sources and targets in delivering data to end users
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience of SSIS, SSAS, SSMS, VB, and an expert SQL query writer.
- Experience of creating ad-hoc data sets and SQL reports for end users
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience of using agile delivery methodologies
- Experience of creating high-quality technical documentation.
- Flexible working
- Great career progression
- + Many more great benefits
They are looking to start the Interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
My client has limited interview slots so please apply urgently, please send your up to date CV to Nancy Tamplin email@example.com or call 0203 808 7304 for a catch up in complete confidence.
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.