Here's what you will be doing:
- Form the core of their Game Server Engineering team developing an incredible cross platform product.
- Develop a deep understanding of the infrastructure and services that will be used to run an MMO game service.
- Planning and reporting project milestones and timescales on a continuous basis to all those involved.
- Work closely with the rest of the Engineering team, defining and implementing key technical goals as well as goals and concepts to bring teams to the next level
- Assist in the construction of platforms, systems and networking infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large-scale storage systems.
- Implement tools that empower our Game-Design teams to create new and exciting gameplay experiences
- Load test, monitor, profile & optimise game servers
- Prioritise technical tasks and work with the team to plan for development
To do this job, you will need:
- Professional experience ideally for 4+ years.
- Experience in developing highly available back-end systems and servers for large-scale games or high-traffic web systems.
- Experience building robust solutions with a test driven approach.
- Experience developing in Python, ideally using frameworks like Celery and Tornado.
- Strong knowledge of Unix-like operating systems.
- Experience with Redis (or other database systems), ORMs and migration scripts.
- Good understanding of how to prevent intrusions, injections, cheating etc.
- Good knowledge of networking i.e. TCP, HTTP, LB, NAT, WebSockets etc.
- Experience creating and working with a dockerized environment.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Experience working in C#/Unity..
- AWS, Docker, Terraform, Kibana, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with stateful and stateless game server architectures.
- Good knowledge of shell scripting i.e. bash, zsh.
Apply above or for more info call 0191 814 7785 or email email@example.com