SAS Developer / Consultant - Salary up to £45k - Edinburgh, Scotland
My client have an urgent requirement for SAS Developers and Consultants to join their awarding winning team. You will be designing, developing and supporting a wide range of SAS based solutions. The role will involve extensive programming, data preparation and reporting on a range of projects across various business areas and technologies. This is an exciting opportunity for a professional to take on a fresh challenge with a rapidly growing and dynamic company.
- Flexible working
- Excellent career progression
- Minimal travel
- Ongoing training development
- Private medical care package
The key responsibilities of the role:
- Design, develop and support a wide range of SAS based solutions using the full suite of SAS software - Enterprise Guide, DI Studio, Management Console, Flow Manager, Base SAS and Enterprise Miner.
- Data preparation, transformation and presentation using SQL on several different database platforms - Teradata, SPDS, Oracle, DB2, Hadoop
- Design, develop and support our clients preferred BI Technology.
- Gain confidence of clients and demonstrate that you can deliver high quality work on a consistent basis.
- Deliver clear handover documentation to the client for any item of work.
- Work on your own or as part of a team on client sites. Communicate daily with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent SQL / SAS Certification or relevant experience delivering SAS solutions
- Solution development experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Must have right to work in the UK
The following skills and qualities are also highly desirable:
- AWS Experience and Certification
- Cloud skills - AWS
- Knowledge of physical database design
- Financial services experience preferred
- Project Management methodology - Six Sigma, PRINCE etc
If you feel this role could be of interest and are wanting to apply then get in contact now to discuss n further detail.
***Everything discussed will remain confidential***