The Dynamics AX Functional Analyst will deliver business consulting, process design, end-user solutions, and is expected to the subject matter expert on Dynamics AX 2012 R3. This position will serve as a liaison between users and developers, designing solutions, setting, and communicating goals, and evaluating and refining results.
Specific Duties & Tasks:
- Use advanced knowledge of Dynamics AX and business processes to identify functional gaps and suggest alternatives.
- Work with individual employees to understand their business requirements and determine if an out of the box AX solution exists.
- Conduct gap analysis and write development specifications and interface with users and developers to test modifications and resolve any issues, when required.
- Participate in business process discovery meetings with management and users to assess technology needs.
- Develop expertise around ancillary applications that interface with AX.
- Manage and organize employee AX training and document all business processes to facilitate the error-free performance of business processes and end-user transactions.
- Produce reports, timelines, and graphics to communicate expectations and progress to management, stakeholders, and other parties on assigned projects.
- Maintains current understanding of industry standards, trends, and best practices through industry and other professional networks.