QA Lead- Permanent- New York City/ Midtown- $165,000
Our client is looking to hire a QA Lead. You will work from home and eventually be based in the company's midtown location in New York City. The QA Lead leads the QA team in developing and executing test plans, test cases and scripts for .NET based Web and mobile solutions. This position combines QA skills with leading the team and the testing process and requires strong leadership and technical skills.
Who You Are:
You are naturally curious, a strategic thinker and an effective communicator. We expect you to be well-versed in modern QA technology, processes and tools.
- Discuss and implement CTO's directives on testing and team leadership.
- Set up and maintain QA environments for fast and complete testing.
- Architect, plan, develop and maintain test harness for new and existing Web and mobile software solutions.
- Lead a QA team with in-office and remote developers.
- Identify, recommend and deploy most effective testing tools and techniques.
- Provide a hands-on role in the testing process. Write significant amounts of high-quality test cases.
- Collaborate with developers and Product Management on product roadmaps and feature acceptance criteria.
- Work with DevOps on tested software deployment.
- Work with developers and Customer Success on bug fixes.
- Match QA priorities with business needs and requirements.
- Provide effective and consistent communication to peers, reports and management about project status and team health.
- Mentor the QA team, leading by example.
- Provide advice and feedback on QA infrastructure requirements.
- Perform other similar or related duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong grasp of current technologies and platforms.
- 8+ years of QA experience, with the emphasis on large scale online systems.
- 5+ years of experience leading QA teams and projects.
- Strong knowledge and experience with test methodologies, QA process and tools, and software release cycle.
- Experience with .NET and BDD (Specflow) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability writing test plans and test cases.
- Solid proficiency in test effort estimation and tracking.
- Experience working in the agile software development team.
- Any knowledge of SQL and scripting is welcome.
- Experience with Git, bug tracking and task management software.
- Prior experience with agile methods (SCRUM and/or Kanban).
- Experience with project management, collaboration and documentation tools.
- Solid communication and collaboration skills.
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call Paige directly: 704 307 4518
Nigel Frank is a leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on Microsoft Cloud technologies. We deal with Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities in the Azure space.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more information.